Saturday, March 29, 2008

Coworkerus Idiotus

In my much less glamorous, much lamer previous job, I had the...pleasure...of working with someone who unknowingly provided me with hours of entertainment. She wasn't aware of it, however, because I very nicely waited until she wasn't around to laugh at her. The following is a totally true, nearly verbatim account of one such conversation:

me: By the way, Jim offered to translate Spanish for us.

her: How did you know that he speaks Spanish?

me: Well, he works in the Latin American Sales department, I sure hope he speaks Spanish!

her: Whats Latin America? Don't they speak Latin?

me [stifling laughter]: Um, you know, South America....where they speak Spanish. [and of course Portuguese, but why get into that] No one speaks Latin anymore.

Seriously, the dude's name is Jim, not Caesar. That the only name I could think of that would cause any such confusion.....can you imagine!? "Hola, como esta!? Bien, et tu Brutus?"

No comments: